Cas No: 527-07-1
Molecular Weight: 218.14
Character: White to tan, granular or fine crystalline powder. It is very soluble in water soluble in ether.
Function of sodium gluconate
Sodium Gluconate is the sodium salt of gluconic acid, produced by fermentation of glucose. Sodium Gluconate is a white to tan, granular to fine, crystalline powder, very soluble in water. Sodium Gluconate is non corrosive, non toxic and resistant to oxidation and reduction, even at high temperatures. It is readily biodegradable (98% after 2 days).
Application of sodium gluconate
1. As Steel surface cleaning agent.
2. As Cement admixture.
3. Used in Electroplating, film industry.
4. Wildly used in construction industry(As water reducing agent or cement setting retarder).
5. As special cleaning agent for glass bottle.
6. As water quality stabilizer and softener.
7. Food additive